How to Sample Soil
How to Sample
Perfecting Your Soil Made Easy in 3 Simple Steps.
1. Collect Your Sample
- Get a Clean Plastic Bucket and a spoon/spade.
- Take a sample from 3 – 5 random places in your sample area. Dig a 6″ hole and remove 1 cup of soil from the bottom of each of these holes.
(Keep in mind we want soil from the root zone, not from the surface.)
2. Prepare Your Sample
- Mix all the soil together to make a complete sample.
- Place a minimum of 3 cups of the mixed soil in a clean plastic zip lock bag.
3. Submitting Your Sample
- Hand Deliver: Bring your sample to the lab at 2515 E University Phoenix AZ. We will help you.
- Shipping to the Laboratory: please print out a Chain of Custody and complete. *see link on top of this page*
- Place your sample and the Chain Of Custody inside the shipping box or padded envelope. (Do not use a paper envelope.)
- Send your sample to IAS Laboratories